GAF TIGER PAW ROOF DECK PROTECTION
Premium roof deck protection materials for superior moisture protection. GAF Tiger Paw provides extra layer of protection between your shingles and your roof deck. Made from synthetic materials, Tiger Paw is advanced roofing underlayment helping to prevent wind-driven rain and other types of moisture, offering unsurpassed protection for your home’s building envelope.
- Advanced moisture control – Tiger Paw is breathable synthetic roof underlayment that removes nearly twice as much damage causing moisture compared to leading non-breathable ones.
- Beautiful look of your new roof – As Tiger Paw resists wrinkling and buckling, it reduces “telegraphing effect”.
- Strong and durable roof deck protection – Offering 7 times greater tear strength than regular 30 LB felt paper, Tiger Paw will not disintegrate over time.
- Lightweight roof underlayment – A roll of Tiger Paw is nearly 33% lighter than a roll of conventional 30 LB felt.
- Valuable investment – Tiger Paw carries Limited Lifetime Warranty when is a part of GAF Lifetime Roofing System.
Poor Attic Ventilation Can Ruin Your Insulation, Destroy Your Shingles, And Raise Your Energy Bills!
Proper attic ventilation systems allow a continual flow of outside air through the attic, protecting the efficiency of the insulation and helping to lower temperatures in the living space.
The U.S. FHA (Federal Housing Administration) recommends a minimum of at least 1 square foot of attic ventilation (both intake and exhaust) for every 300 square feet of attic space.
Why Take Risks?
It is estimated that 9 out of 10 homes in North America do not have proper attic ventilation. Why? Because most people are unaware that attic ventilation can impact the longevity of their entire home!
Types of damage that can result include:
- Premature aging of your roofing system
- Warping, cracking, or breaking down of wood framing
- Damage to siding, exterior or interior paint, and wallpaper
Additional structural damage can include:
- Roof deck warping and rotting of the wood frame
- Mildew growth
- Buckling of shingles and underlayment
Most popular and common ventilation system for a residential home:
- Ridge Vent – A ridge vent is a type of vent installed at the peak of a sloped roof which allows warm, humid air to escape a building’s attic. Prior to installing the ridge vent, a 1″ wide strip of roof decking is cut out along both sides of the ridge line to allow for air movement through the vent.
- Soffit Vents/Insulation Baffles – Adequate intake ventilation is critical for a properly ventilated attic! An important part of installing any system of ventilation into your roof system is to make sure that there is a point of entry and a point of exit for air flow. The soffit vents allows air movement from the soffits of the residence to the ridge vent.
- Whole House Fans/Powered Attic Fans – Fans and vents that draw the air out of the attic space and exhaust it to the exterior may be controlled with a switch or a thermostat which detects heat build-up in the attic space and automatically exhausts the attic space. There are also solar powered options available.
- Gable Vents – These vents are installed in the gable ends of the home or building. They help the air to be drawn out of the attic space, but prevent moisture from rain and snow from getting back into the home.
SKYLIGHTS INSTALLATION SERVICES
United Contractors provides professional skylight installation services in Wilmington, NC. As a local skylight installer, we will be able to recommend the right type of skylight. Depending on your needs and requirements, we can help homeowners to chose where to install a skylight. Skylights can be placed in both flat or vaulted ceilings.
Skylight installation usually takes about one day, depending on the size and number of skylights. Skylight installation is a two-part process consisting of exterior portion and interior portion.
At United Contractors we provide Free skylight installation quotes! Please contact one of our representatives today to set up you Free Estimate!